2005-05-24

The Random Raccoon

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Random Raccoon

The Random Raccoon

After you do the jump and read that link, then read my commentary:

Okay, I agree, technology/biogenetics is exploding, and there could be some "explosion" of sorts - but the way I see it is that all the prophecies and anyone who tries to predict the future or thinks they "know" is sadly mistaken.

A computer that acts as a psychic and can "predict" events in the future is fascinating, for maybe 10 seconds - until you think about it and use reason to realize that NOBODY or nothing can really predict the future. Show me a psychic or perhaps this computer that can win the New York State Lottery this week and I MIGHT start believing in what is at best - a guess.

Sure, anyone can say that Nostradamus predicted this or that and vaguely connect it to things that have happened or you can look to signs that bible prophecies are coming true and the end of the world is near, but my guess is that things will happen, but not a grand scale that you have bought into.

If we are around in 2012, or perhaps for the whole decade, I think something will happen - randomly - and if you turn out to be correct - I think it will be in only a general way.

But it is kind of fun to fantasize about these things.
now here or no where 9:35 PM | (0) comments |

No comments: